my first triathlon, 300m swim, 7.5km Cycling, and 7.5km run. Till now, I still cannot believe i came in 3rd for the swimming and cycling component. Can still vaguely hear the cheers from the audience when i came out of the sea. So glorious. So full of pride of myself. I never really get to "enjoy" such cheers in my entire life before. The last time I can recall was during my primary school day when I shocked my classmates by my swimming speed. Till then, i am just one mediocre guy who never really excel in anything. But today, i felt good. I think I did well. I should be proud of myself. Individual Swimming and Cycling: 3rd out of the WHOLE enginner formation. Everybody saw that. Thats the whole point actually. I was so happy the whole day. Everybody told me I will get to go up stage to get prizes for individual swimming AND cycling 2nd runner up, BUT, my hope was dashed when the organizers only prepared prizes for individuals 1st and 2nd, and group 1st,2nd, and 3rd. My heart sank. I was so darn disappointed. The prizes is secondary. Its the recognition. How glorious it is going up stage getting prizes, isn't it? I thought i have something to be proud of after so many years, but my hope was dashed thanks to budget constraint. FUCK ARMY..
Still, I wanna thank one of my good friend who told me this : " Gavin, getting recognition is not about getting prizes. Its the recognition from your friends. We know you did well, and got 3rd for swimming and cycling, and thats enough. and not forgetting its your first triathlon! " Indeed, i instantly felt better after seeing this message. Sometimes, I guess I am just too emotional. AND competitive. I want to win. I feel great winning, but, who doesn't?
My muscles are aching like hell now. I really feel proud completing the whole triathlon, though my running component really suxs. I feel great now, but still a little soar over the prize incident. FUCK THE ORGANIZERS.