Tuesday, March 22, 2005

.my views about friendships.

some friendships are short-lived. some last forever.
in my life, i have experienced many short-lived friendships. for the few weeks, these companies have been fun, and sometimes memorable. for instance, the friends i made during course times, during attachments and in camp are mostly short-lived. from friends --> acquaintances after all the courses and attachments are over. not many stayed in contact after these. Everyone will return back to their own trust-worthy long-time friends whom they feel most comfortable with, and the friendships made for the past few weeks will soon be forgotten soon after. sad to hear, but true. i bet the majorities wanted all these friendships to last, or at least continue for a longer period, but its almost impossible. Thats why you have your so-called true friends, who have been and ARE still with you till now. These friends are definitely worth cherishing. I am fortunate enough to have friends like these around me, and i do cherish these people.
I agree my approachable and friendly personalities have brought me many acquaintances. I make friends easily. People seem to remember me for a longer time, not for the good reasons sometimes. Some of my army mates say I just have the 'thing' for people to remember me. However, for me, its NO big deal really. I don't crave for such unwanted attention. Somehow, these attention are not always favourable. I believe staying low-key is somehow better.
I have some really bad experiences. I believe in making great friendships. However, sometimes I tend to get disappointed because some friendships just don't work out. Perhaps I am not really "proficient" in judging people. Thus, I often get made use of. Some get close to me due to certain benefits. Some befriend me so that they will find opportunities to burst the BIG ego in me which they assume I HAD. I never fail to be a victim of such cases. Sometimes, its due to my personlity which lead to people doubting my ability in being a true friend compared to those low profile people who have a handful number of friends and can afford to give more attention. AND the result is... - I get many superficial friends.
So right now, i try not to be so blinded. I used to be really naive. I tend to be more cautious now. I try not to think so much. Short-lived friendships are not meant to brood over. Its the true friends around you who are more important. Friendships, just like our hands, need at least to work out. It wont work if only one makes the effort.
Of course, I cant help but feel sad/disappointed by some really great yet short-lived friendships I had in the past, but I believe there are better things in my life that deserve my attention. My family, my close friends and most importantly, MYSELF. :)




floated away at
11:19 AM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008