
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
.army.
had a pretty pleasant surprise when my BMT mate added me in MSN today.
We started chatting and reminiscing about our BMT days..
Somehow surprisingly, i really relish the pleasant moments I had in my army days.
I miss field camps. I miss that table placed at the centre of our bunk where my BMT mates and I used to gather to talk crap. I miss polishing my boots and still ended up getting pumped for UNSATISFACTORY boots condition. (^#@(*()
I miss marching around the parade square singing army songs.. and getting screwed for smiling in a file... I miss stripping parties and the BMT toilets.
I also miss the days when I struggled so hard to pass IPPT so that I can book out during weekends.
I miss the loss of freedom.. because I really cherished my days then.
I miss those days when I was the armskote IC and shouting out commands just isn't my forte and I ended up screaming like a duck.
I miss those days when I just cant wait to ORD.
Somehow, I just miss my army life.
So many stuff to remincise about.
I used to dread field camps A LOT.
I hate eating combat rations, surviving without bath for a FEW days, and sleeping on uneven HARD GROUND. I still remembered I once slept on a surface with thick trunks sticking out! grr. so darn miserable.
I recalled sneaking out to one ulu part of the jungle so that I can cook my maggi mee.. and the terrible feeling of trying to stay awake during mission time and dreadful lectures.
AND not to forget weekend guard duties with one of my camp mate and we ended up sleeping at one corner because we were really TOO tired.
ARGH. I really miss army!
The fact that I get to learn so much from it.
How to be a real man.. how to cherish freedom... and how important staying fit is.
No wonder people say memories of your army life will never fade....
floated away at
1:03 AM