Wednesday, September 07, 2005

.what's wrong with me?.

have you ever encountered a situation when you wannna take away food from a hawker centre and have no idea which stall to choose? And not knowing what to choose, a long queue from a particular stall got your attention and you soon found yourself joining the queue?

I am sure everybody experiences this before. I AM SURE. Of course... provided you are not rush for time :P

About an hour ago, I was at my neighbourhood area and decided to take away food home.. and then I saw a chicken rice stall with ENDLESS queue. Naturally, I got curious and wondered WHY THE HELL IS THERE A LONG QUEUE? So... i joined in the queue!

10 minutes later, I found myself only halfway through the queue... and I found myself damn dumb. 10 minutes for a chicken rice which might not be as tasty as what i thought. argh. I am dumb... but I would have felt dumber if i had left the queue for something else... SO... I persist on.

And after a long 20minutes wait ALONE, I finally ordered :"UNCLE, CHICKEN RICE 1 PACKET." Again, I felt dumb. Other people in front of me were ordering average of 5 packets and I only ordered ONE?! I really felt I lost out a lot... then.... this question popped out :" Xiao Di.. You want $2 or $3? $3 got more meat. " HAHAHA.. and guess what? I said.. "$3 lor" ... when I knew $2 is definitely SUFFICIENT. Again, I felt dumb. I wanted to change the order, but I felt dumb. So I kept quiet.

Once i got my chicken rice, I was kinda satisfied + feeling very dumb... and I walked to my car and drove home. Oh.. when i left the stall, the queue was super ultra long still.

Home sweet home. I opened up my packet of rice and indeed, I saw more meat but pathetic amount of rice and chilli sauce. I felt so dumb ONCE AGAIN. I ended up finishing all the rice and what was left was lots of chicken meat. argh.

Get what i mean? I am dumb. In the first place, I should have sticked with the $2 chicken rice, since I believe the catch of the queue was because the stall is cheap?! ( I presume since I believe my mum can definitely match the standard after eating it. ) BUT... Kiasuism got into me and at that very instance I thought I should buy the bigger one so i won't lose out so much. Erm. dumb? Yes. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

A Dumb day indeed.

SO the morale of the story is...

DON'T QUEUE FOR FOOD. ALWAYS GET THE ONE WITH NO BUSINESS UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW THE STALL IS GOOD. WASTE TIME. WASTE PARKING FEES. AND.. FEELING SO DAMN RETARDED.

Before I end this entry, I wanna wish my 2 gay buddies, ZC and COLIN, 21st HAPPY BIRTHDAY... WOHOOO WHOOOHOOOOOOOO..

Enjoy :) Colin, enjoy your date with Cheryl. Chong, enjoy your date with Sharon.

Cheryl and Sharon. Rhyhmes right? What close taste both of you have. :)




floated away at
1:59 PM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008