Tuesday, January 03, 2006

.friends?.

last night, one of my BMT mate whom i have lost contact since BMT days called me. In a desperate tone, he told me : " Gavin right?, I need to borrow some money from you. My dad suffered a stroke and i am really desperate. I need to raise $7K ... and i need your help. " I was stunned for a moment because its the first time somebody actually called me up to borrow such a HUGE sum of $$ ( $2000 ).. and he is somebody whom I rarely communicate with during my BMY days and have never gone out with him after that. Under such circumstances, would you have lend him the money? Think.

Obviously, I told him I couldnt help. He seem to anticipate that and asked if i know other people who could help him. Soon, we ended the conversation.

BUT... somehow, I started to ponder after that. I was affected by him definitely because he sounded really desperate and already in despair. If he had other choices, I am sure he wouldn't have stood so low to get my number from some other people just to ask me for money isn't it? And, if the operation is to delay any further, his dad's life will be at risk. I contemplated for long before I decided to ask my dad for his opinion....

To cut short, he called me again 4 times today and.. we decided to lend him a modest sum for him to tide over the crisis. erhm.

this makes me realise how weak friendships are actually. he told me he tried asking from his friends, but most of them hung up on him, or chose not to answer his call after saying : " i confirm first " . Are the friends you are currently having fun with so shallow? They have fun with you, laugh with you, study with you.. but when u have financial problems, everybody starts avoiding you? I guess, to a certain extent, this happens. I don't expect my friends to help me out financially too , BUT what if I am at my wit's end.. and they chose to abandon me?! sad. sad. sad.

i shed a tear today while watching the 9pm show - the scene when the dad turned soft-hearted after seeing the apology note from his son. I know its just a normal scene on any normal day, but... when things start getting emotional, i don't know why but i feel i have been a really unfilial son and i HAVE to change that. Never take things for granted. yea yea. *constantly reminding myself*

i hope i have more true friends around who would be around me when i really need help. sounds gay whatsoever, but.. i really yearn for that. As for my family, I know they will always be there for me whenever i need them.

i am elated at the moment. shall not tell you why! hehe. wohoo!




floated away at
10:13 PM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008