Sunday, February 05, 2006

.chasing.

i am watching the news right now and so many Singaporeans are queueing up for the 10million TOTO!!! It's damn hilarious seeing some of the uncles' interviews. One said:" I queue up lor. can win 10 million leh! Not only that, I wanna buy 4D and win 1st prize lor! FA CAI FA CAI! " HAHAHA. Lame huh. Sure win one ah? How come they are so willing to queue just for "hope". During CNY, I wanted to buy 4D, and went to the nearby vendor... and I realise the queue was frigging long.. BUT, since it is CNY, I thought maybe I have more luck. I decided to join the queue.... THEN, 20 minutes later, the queue was NOT moving. The very pissed me left the queue and I swore I would curse those aunties/uncles who took so long to buy their bets if my number opened. Of course, it didn't. *phew* i saved $20!
Somehow, I really feel it's blardy NOT worth it queueing up for something which brings you nothing else but hope. It's NOT guaranteed you will get anything, so WHY waste the time? Funny. To me, 10 minutes is all I will spare to get my 4D/TOTO number. Queue up for something more practical la!

I know I am so out of point. Started off with 4D. haha.

This year my luck is quite bad. The only thing I won is BAN LUCK. I lost a lot in Mahjong. ( Hey, I don't SUX that much OK ) Maybe I should stop gambling.

Coaching is blardy fun. I love the exposure, and the satisfaction of seeing your students swimming towards you / dependent on you.

Yesterday, I went to HCJC pool for the first time for coaching. As it rained kinda heavily before that, only ONE little girl of MY group came for lessons. Guess what? Yesterday marked my 3rd coaching experience only, and..... my 'boss' actually assigned me to coach her ALL BY MYSELF!!! Damn shocked. She is a damn tiny girl. K1 only. 5 years old? At that instance, I just hoped everything would go well, and she won't cry when she saw me....

But sometimes, things just don't go your way huh.

THE MOMENT SHE SAW ME, SHE BURST INTO TEARS. *&@)(*@)#!!##%^&

She cried, cried and cried and kept screaming:" I want Uncle Chong! I want Uncle Chong! I don't want new teacher! " *zc, not YOU. He is her previous coach*
At that moment, I was too stunned to do anything. Really. Then my colleague came to my rescue and started scolding her! WTF?! It worked, but she just couldn't stop crying... so what I did was... I dragged her with her float and she started doing her breast stroke kick. It was a funny moment because she was crying while doing what i instructed... and to keep her occupied, I just dragged the float around the pool... and she just WONT stop. But somehow, I started laughing because she looked so cute when she was crying la. HAHAHAHHA. I couldnt stop laughing and you know what? IT WORKED AGAIN!!!! She asked me :" Uncle, why u laugh at me? Why??? I want MUMMY!! I want MUMMY! "
She stopped crying after a while. I started to teach her Maths to keep her occupied. I asked her:" 1+1 =? " She replied "2". Then I went on with " 2+2". She said "4". And then i went on and on with 3+3 4+4 blablabla, and she was damn excited! Then when it came to "6+6", she stared at me for DAMN long before saying....

" I don't know Uncle". Hehehe. Tell me! Tell me! "

Ha. It might not seem funny here, but.... she was damn adorable la. really.
Many stuff happened like how she feigned pain hoping that I would allow her to go see her mum.. and how she bargained with me " Half way only. I don't want to do full." Erm.

The whole thing lasted for 1 h 45mins. Imagine coaching ONE little girl for 1 h 45 mins. It's REALLY TOUGH. TRY IT!
It's useful though. Today's coaching @ SS was damn smooth-sailing and ëffortless due to the 'tough' training yesterday.

My friends asked whether I am happy with the busy life I have right now. Actually, surprising, yes.

But I guess I have to compromise on my grades? Erm.

NUS Bi on the 19th, and I have not run for ages. I am s c r e w e d.




floated away at
6:39 PM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008