
Friday, February 10, 2006
.grades important?.
saw the news today- all the little sec4 girls crying over their grades. elated? disappointed? this brings back memories because i vividly remembered how mine was like. Anxiety ---> disappointment ---> tears.
I realise I am kiasu since young. I cried after getting fucked up PSLE grades. I cried after getting my O level grades. fucking whimpy. somehow, everything is about grades. people cry over grades. people compete over grades. why? isn't the learning process more crucial actually? if you ask me NOW, I would rather being a very knowledgable guy rather than one that focus on getting good grades alone. But too bad, I ain't smart enough, and I just have no choice but to slog hard to get my grades.
Ultimately, people study because of grades. Recalling the time when I cried over my O level grades. Come to think of it, I did pretty well. I got 6 As ( 4 A1s, 2 A2s if I am correct ) , but i fucking screwed up my most important English. Because of that, I couldnt get into my desired JC, and nearly couldnt stay at SAJC. And I remembered screwing up my Prelims really badly and was posted to YJC, for 3 days. I locked myself in the room and just refused to go school, until my letter of appeal to SAJC was accepted. ** I am NOT trying to say YJC is lousy, but... ** That period was one of my worst, and if I ain't wrong, I don't remember going through any phase worse than that. I just couldnt stop crying.
What a wimp huh.
So grades are important? Get 6 points, get into RJC, go army and go University. You find yourself with neighbourhood JCs people in your class, and you realise.. i slogged so hard getting into RJC and now I am on equal ground with the rest again?! I mean I am not from e top 5 JCs so I don't really know how these people actually feel, but... is it worth it crying over grades and focusing so much on them, to the extent of draining you out?
Grades, grades, grades. I agree going to a reputable school will nurture you to a better person, but cry over grades because you cannot get into your "dream jc" ?
No more.
I want to be fucking smart.
floated away at
11:30 PM