Wednesday, March 08, 2006

.swim like a fish.

like i mentioned earlier, my fitness level has dropped ever since i started school. army really transformed me totally. i remember how i used to be a slacker back in JC... study, slack, rot, organise house events occassionally... and thats it. i don't remember having much contributions then, but at least @ army, i felt my life was pretty fulfilling. i said it before in one of my very old entries and i shall not repeat again.

and now i am in S*U. i tell myself i wanna be more involved this time round. i guess i somehow achieved that. i tried joining as many activities as possible to gain as much exposure as possible. In the process, i met new people, adapt new working style, and learn about my new-found strengths/weaknesses. I quite like that.

Of course, I have suffered setbacks. I have my down periods too. Not being able to meet my expectations, not being able to participate as much as i wanted myself to be in class, not meeting the targets i have set for myself, and many more. I am learning to be contented though. A recent community service project reminded me how many more unfortunate people are there. I know this is so cliché, but we, human beings, always complain how ill-fated we are and constantly forget the fact that we are actually very very fortunate. I am glad I have a loving family. I am glad to have food to eat every night I come home. Its heartwarming seeing home-cooked food left on the dining table waiting for me all the time. I am so darn appreciative of my parents seriously. My brother, despite very gangsterish, is quite nice too. I am glad to have a car of my own. I am glad to have tuition kids when so many people out there are struggling to find students. I am glad to be given an opportunity to coach in a reputable swimming club. i am glad to have a place in university. i am glad that my life is fulfilling at the moment. i am glad to be who i am.

of course, being glad is not enough. I will seek to improve myself as far as i can. i still wanna do many things. i have so many things on my mind. the fears i have right now is to lose the pillar of support i have and to lose my soul.

i hope i am talking sense.




floated away at
4:11 PM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008