Thursday, May 25, 2006

.neglected.

i was about to step out of my house today to school when my mum stopped me. she said to me: " eh, i have already prepared the food you know. I thought you finally have time to eat at home and I have prepared something sumptuous .. roasted meat, steam fish , and bbq pork.... NOW, you are leaving again! " She then stormed off to the kitchen and told my maid to keep the fish and meat since I won't be home eating AGAIN. Suddenly, I hesistated and started to feel guilty. I then pondered. I was trying hard to think of the last time I had a decent meal with my parents at home.... I couldn't.

It suddenly struck me how I have been spending so much time with friends, school activities, courses, tuition & coaching to the extent of neglecting my family. These days, my house is like my hotel. I come home late @ night and leave home early in the morning... I don't talk to my parents. I don't ask how their life is. I don't even bother to smile to them...

Fuck. What an ingrate. What a slut.

And just now over dinner, I realised my dad wasn't talking much at all. He had a few mouth of rice and went to his room after which. He wasn't at his usual self at all. Then I heard from mum that he is facing some problems in his business. ( as in those clients who do not wanna pay him money , shipping problems etc etc. ) I went to his room and he was on the phone discussing business. At that instance, I am so proud of him. He is forever so task-driven, and never ever vent his frustrations on his family. He will always choose to solve his problems himself and not complain: " eh i have a lot of problems already, and still must raise the family.. you know v hard a not... can u all spare a thought for me.. "

Then I thought people often feel they are not being appreciated. Frankly, will it help if you ask people to appreciate you? Somehow, appreciation, like trust, must be earned too. You don't ask for appreciation. You EARN it. How about your parents? Do you show your appreciation all the time? Will they ever complain you are not being appreciative. Will they shower you with less love after that? NO...

I have learnt something from my dad today. Do things unconditionally. If you want to help people, do not expect to be repaid. If you feel that you are doing more stuff than the rest, feel proud of yourself. To me, it's pointless feeling unfair/mistreated. Don't you agree?

Ermm..

I wish I could have helped my dad more.




floated away at
8:01 PM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008