
Saturday, May 20, 2006
.the life of a K2 kid.
today, coaching was damn relaxing. Only 1 of my students turn up today. In a way, it was kinda a relief because coping with 7 mischievous kids is damn tiring, and it would be worse when you hadn't gotten any good rest since your morning training followed by a draggy meeting that lasted the WHOLE afternoon. In fact, I was so desperate to catch a nap that I sped to HCJC just to catch a nap before my lessons.
Anyway, I was pretty amused and shocked today because there was this cry-baby in my group who has been giving me lots of problem whenever i am conducting lessons. All the non-stop cryings really want me to drown her in the pool at times. *kidding* ha. Fortunately, she was the only one who turned up today, so I could finally give her the 100% attention which she need because she has water phobia. Her phobia was pretty serious. Whenever she touches water, she will start to shiver & scream if I am not supporting her. Luckily, for today, I could afford to distract her for the entire 1.5 hours by communicating with her & coaxing her with my friendliest smile. ( Actually, she complained to her mum I was damn fierce. wtf?! ) And there was this point of time when I asked: " So.. what do you do for the rest of your week? " and guess what. This is HER schedule.
Monday: Classes in the morning. Evening : Speech and Drama Classes
Tuesday: Classes in the morning Evening: English Tuition
Wednesday: Classes in the morning. Evening: Chinese Tuition
Thursday: Classes in the morning. Evening: Ballet classes
Friday: Classes in the morning. Afternoon: Abacus Classes Evening: Piano Classes
Saturday: Drawing lessons in the morning. Night: Professional Swimming classes
Sunday: Church
OMG. I was shocked. Luckily, I was born in the correct era. Kids, these days, are so cramped with activities. And if you think the kids will appreciate such arrangements,
her reply to " So do you like your life? " was:- " I cannot breathe. So tiring. I just wanna sleep. "
Haha. Not funny when you see it in words. You should have seen her reaction and tone. Damn hilarious, damn innocent. :P
I will never let my kids suffer like this, as in, do it MODERATELY.....
floated away at
11:50 PM