Sunday, March 04, 2007
.finally.
things have been going very smoothly for me this term. I have many things to be happy about at least. these includes consistent work, good project mates, great company, successful job interview, happy family, and yeah, finishing a biathlon once again.
Today, went East Coast for NUS Bi 07 and had a good race. I swam hard and was damn tired when it came to the running component. Despite stopping once ( I had never stopped running in my past biathlon ), I braced up and kept up to my standards after a short walk thanks to some encouragement from fellow biathletes and my mind. And to you who had been on my mind throughout the race, thank you.
I realise all these races really help build up my mind power. You definitely need great determination and mind power to push yourself beyond your limits. You know you are freaking tired, but you know you shouldn't stop since you are already here. You went on, and when you finished the race, the sense of achievement you gained made you realise all these are actually worth it.
This explains why I never fail to join these biathlons/marathons annually. They keep me sane, helps in my mind development and mould me into a better/stronger person. I came to realise from past experiences that nothing is impossible. It's just whether you are willing to step out and give it a shot.
I strongly believe in a balanced life. Seeing some of my friends who looked so pale recently due to stress from work, I began to wonder if they would have felt better if they can convince themselves to take some time off to exercise, say jogging, gymming, swimming etc. Look at all those old men/women. Why do they even bother to exercise? Sometimes, being young and ambitious, it might be too late to realise that you have built up a great resume at the expense of your health.

4117. Win already spilt half please.
floated away at
9:28 PM