Friday, May 11, 2007
.family.
you know, throughout this whole tiring and emotional process of seeing my aunt breathe through her last, I realise how important your family actually matters to you. The support everybody lent to one another during this time, the hugs, the encouragements, and whatever all of us went through together, it was great to see all stay by one another at times like this. Sometimes, all the paper chase and all might lead you to the dark side, but I guess, there will always be sudden events that would struck you and bring you back to track - and you get to realise its eventually your loved ones that matters most to you.
But sometimes, it might be too late to better the situation.
It got me reflecting how I took my family for granted in the past. Feeling stressful during exam periods? I vented my frustrations on them. My mum called me to ask whether I wanted dinner at home everyday? I found her irritating. My dad fetched me from school? I wasn't exactly appreciative.
I started to count the number of times I actually called home just to ask about my parents whereabout, how they are doing etc, and I realised I usually call them for some reasons or so. Yet, I would lose count the number of times they called to show concern and asked how I was doing in school, at work etc.
Don't you think I ought to feel guilty?
Fortunately, everything is not too late now.
Ah Mi, thanks for letting me realise all these.
I know, it's human nature to only get emotional when something unfortunate actually happens, and soon forget all about the thoughts and start the whole bo chup cycle again. No comments for that, but at least I know I will try.
Bless you Mi. I truly miss you.

2004, my mum's birthday.
floated away at
12:47 AM