Saturday, July 14, 2007

.a long mail.



long time no see people. have been meeting many of my friends these few weeks. Just this week, I spent my weekend really fruitfully. Only blogging happy moments and this is how it went for those who are interested:



Monday
Met up with XY, BT and PW. Was at Ikea Tampines. Ikea never fails to amaze me. Remembered how I used to go Ikea Queensway so often in the past after I ORDed. Haha. Catching up with them was really good, and you know, these people whom you know all the way back Sec School are actually the one who will not judge you for who you are. Remembered XY for the popcorn throwing in the cinema, BT for rushing down to the airport to pass me her camera because I forgot to bring it for my HK trip and I was 10 minutes away from boarding!!! and of course PW for always being unglam and her laugh laughter. Our night ended with XY having an emotional talk with me in my car. Remembered how we used to do that so often too! Love them.



Tuesday
Left work early. Shiok. Don't have to squeeze with the peak hour crowd and how I really appreciate the free time I had. Went back school to get my matriculation card and met up with some of my Frisbee team mates. No PT, but went down Brewerkz for a game despite feeling damn sick. Didn't play much, but we had a good drill/run. Thinking back, I never knew I would fall in love with Frisbee because I have always loved water sports more. I still hate all the washing up after training, the sweat, the injury-prone nature and my stiff-ness, but the team do want to make me stay. Waterpolo was always my favourtie, but honestly, my eyesight is always a problem for me whenever I play the sports. Remembered how I always used to get eye infection because I refused to listen to the doctor not to wear contacts to the pool. (I can't see if I don't), My team ended off with dinner at Zion Road. Shawn was damn cock (like me) and we brought Ray & Company around Singapore before we actually found our way to Zion. Worse, I ate the worse Char Kway Tiao ever which Shawn queued for half an hour? I kinda miss the Bedok CKT now. No $2 CKT though. oops. Had a great MSN chat with H. Really glad catching up with her too, and keeping myself update of how she has been doing.



Wednesday
Transformer Date with Colin, HM and supposedly CKT. Sigh, was really sad & disappointed when you told me on Monday that you couldn't make it. Already agreed to watch together, but nvm, haha, work is more important and I understand. haha. And this reminds me of Kelly who also wanted to pang seh me for another guy! *kick. In the end, asked S along instead since she hinted me that day how free/slack she is these days. haha. The movie was really awesome and relished my childhood memories man. Haha, I remembered having bumble bee and smashing my brother's Optimus Prime when we were fighting. ahaha.. Quite vague though. I don't think I had a very memorable childhood man, except that I was quite a fat boy loser. hahaa. Supper at Fong Seng and I really ate a lot. Maggi Goreng reminded me of Ben and NUS people should really try Serangoon Garden's Maggi Goreng if they think Fong Seng's one is already very nicee. Had a great chat getting to know HM better and keeping myself update with S and C's lives. Oh, and C, I love you and will always be there for you ok hahahaha. The rest who let you down, F them lah! Ended off meeting Deren with his pyjamas at his house. Damn funny. Another late night :P



Thursday
Was really quite determined staying home. However, realised I was feeling rather energetic and wanted to plant a birthday surprise on Z! haha. Z has been one of my very good friends in S*U and is always for me during my up and downs. Always advising me and is a close brother of mine. Remembered the many pool and sauna sessions which we had and the brotherly talks. Whenever I have problems with r/s specially, he is the best person to talk to. Hopefully he is right this time as well. Tonight, his gf will be flying off and I wish them all the best in maintaining this LDR(long d r/s)! haha. Met up with you at Novena and bought Z a Breadtalk Cake. Quite cheapo since it's on 40% off. haha. Then, we went Mustafa and had a great shopping spree. hehe. It doesn't fantasize me as much because I always go there whenever I am bored anyway. The only thing that caught my eye was Barney who was on the shelf alone. Oh, and the perfume which I bought for Z! Realised whenever I am at Mustafa, I always questioned whether the stuff they sell are genuine. haha. Sorry for that, but some of their stuff are unbelievably cheap. Love the moments and thanks for the Metsal. :) Till now, I am still quite amazed with the you-make-my-heart-race-faster thing. Z's surprise came out rather successful, although he somehow knew there would be a surprise. J and H are nice and free enough to come down and we had a great chat. J is one whom I wanna know better and H has been MIA-ing! Hopefully, your r/s problem will be resolved soon k. It's not easier finding one whom you will say yes to in the first place. Nice chat in the car and thanks for not staying too far away from home :P



Friday
TGIF. Was so happy at work. Lunch with K, J and M at Amoy. Was playing with J's new SLR Camera. Love it. Exchange will be fun with it around man. haha. K's last day at work and where was the treat man!! haha. The Lor Mee was really quite good and congrats on ORDing. For me, surprisingly, I really hope the 3 weeks don't come so soon. Was talking to the HR after lunch and she was telling me how priviledged and fortunate I am getting the internship at CF. Sigh, I should have worked harder and asked for more work. I felt this could have been so much more useful if I have been more enthusiastic and not focused so much on the wrong priorities. Went gym and how much I missed the days with P and R. P is a very close friend of mine and I remembered how much time we used to spend together last Summer. At gym, after gym, supper and all. Moments with her were really enjoyable. Damn funny and at one point of time, I actually found myself being rather dependent on her. Too bad we had no fate and any physical attraction hahahaha. Dinner with the SA gang at Mahatthan. Reminded me of our double date with M&C. The yummy prawns and also MidSummer Night Dreams. Sorry, damn random. Till now, I still love my SA friends man. Been there since Pri School Days and I looked at how much everyone has grown up. Amazing. Will never forget how much help they offered during my 21st. Another group of friends who will never judge. Sorry if I have very limited time for you guys, but inside, I always care.



Saturday
Frisbee training as usual. We had a great guest from Melbourne who taught us lot of new stuff. Training these days have always been intense. Sometimes, I really hope I can stop getting singled out just for entertainment value. And also, how I wish I can improve at a faster rate because OPENs is just 7 weeks later. Recalling how I fumbled most of the disc last year, I definitely do not wish history to repeat itself. Again, if only I was more hardworking and enthusiastic over the sports last year. But still, I never regret any decision I made over the past years. Lunch as usual at Long House. I still don't understand why it became our regular lunch hangout but yeah, I used to think Long House has all the good food. Haha, not anymore. Lots of jacking of me and my curly hair again. Don't know why but I am always getting all thes attention from my team-mates. Good or Bad, but somehow, it really trains my patience to take all the jacking and laugh it off with them. grrr. but if it makes them happy...... J sent me back and I think he is weird. Drove around Potong Pasir and told me it was just for fun. Wtf?! haha. Made a point to stay home for once, but was quite disappointed when my mum was rather discouraged over some matters. Hope that I will be able to communicate with her better soon.



Work Generally
Did lots of M&A research. Also, been reading so many Financial statements that now I know where are the important details already! My colleagues have been nice but sometimes, I feel that I should be more composed and not get frustrated so easily. These days, if I get menial work, I tend to give a bit of attitude and I feel rather ashamed. Will not forget how I told myself to cherish this opportunity given to me and not lament about anything I do. Along the way, I seem to have slacken off quite a bit. Okie, better stay grounded, Gav. Been looking at lots of trading trends too and I am happy that the economy is doing well now. Just wondering when will the bubble burst. I think, for now, it will continue to prosper and for those who are interested to start investing, mail me for some useful reports! They help, but of course, they are not secret manuals. Overall, thank God for this internship. Never ever thought I would do well in the finance sector. This has helped to raise up my confidence, got me started with trading which I always treated as a taboo, and also develop a closer r/s with my Dad due to the common topic which we have recently - stock picking, investment, business etc. Lots more to learn though.

Finally, a favourite photo of mine this week. B, B and B. I think the middle B is cute. P, your favourite colour somemore. haha.






floated away at
11:22 PM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008