Wednesday, October 03, 2007

.missing.

the reason why i haven't been blogging is because of my internet connection in my room. it doesn't seem to work and it's frustrating how few pictures i have ( yeah, surprisingly, but it's because i lost my camera! ) Jay's old camera died on me 2 days and I felt really guilty because the life was greatly shortened which I believe, due to the Sahara trip. And so my new camera finally came today! It's a great deal and good enough for my needs i guess.

Have been spending these few weeks in Bath. I just started school 2 days ago and attending lessons was really refreshing. Yesterday I had employment law and it seemed really interesting. We are gonna have to conduct a case at a mock tribunal (role play) and I am sure this would be a challenge for me. haha. Other than that, other modules are pretty slack so far and I do miss SMU sometimes, since I now walk around in school knowing nobody and most of the time in my whole world.

I finally visited the pool on Monday and swam 40 laps straight. It was a very motivating swim because one female Bath swimmer was happily swimming past me all the time. She was so fast that I could only feel her turbulence and her legs! goodness. but then again, it was a great swim.

So happening for the 1st 2 days of school. That's about it!

During the weekends, we had a hostel BBQ and the main highlight was playing frisbee in Royal Crescent Park! The field was fantastic and Jay taught a few of our new exchange friends how to play frisbee. I was there just in time for 3 points and this make me miss frisbee even more!
We also visited Bristol ( city in UK ) and it was marvellous! The 6 of us visited the suspension bridge and travelled with 2 Moroccan exchange peeps who are kinda dating each other(Yi sha and Ghassan)! It was a relaxing day out and there are so many other cities in UK which I wanna go as well.

Last Friday was at Salibury. It was pouring but still we went to Stonehenge and visited some stones that had a great history. As I was wearing really little and stubbornly refused to bring my windbreaker, I was freezing in the open field. Took a few pictures but honestly, i was so cold to really enjoy the stones! At night was chilling out in Central Bar with wine + playing monopoly. G's bf, Nick, won us. damn!

I do miss my family a lot. However, I am also planning to extend my stay in UK because there are so many places which I want to visit before I get back to Singapore. I will be going Greece with G on the 10th October and will be celebrating my birthday there, then Paris on the 24th October with M, Amsterdam on the 8th Nov with the Asoc gang... and Budapest on the 15th with the 6 of us! That's my plan for now. Of course, I am gonna save some dates for Germany, Czeh, Spain, Portugal and perhaps other parts of UK! I will most probably spend new year in Italy and visit Mark&Ching in Mid Dec just before we leave for Charmonix together. Thinking of slots to go Sweden and Copahengon as well. Sigh, so many places... and budget is a concern too.

That's all. Though having fun, I can't help thinking of my family and friends in Singapore. Even the food, my bed and stuff. Friends in Singapore, don't forget me because I am not forgetting you guys. haha.

Take care! :P

[tried loading pics but not working. will post again when connection is better :) ]




floated away at
7:01 AM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008