Monday, November 12, 2007

.Fly to Amsterdam!.

Another weekend has passed and I have finished another relaxing holiday in Holland. It was really happy seeing everybody gathered together again - Dicks, Ben, Jay, Hilda, Gerrie and I! Gerrie, interacting with D B and H for the 1st time, got along with all of them really well and the whole holland trip was just awesome. We stayed in a very luxurious 6 room private suite in Amsterdam, situated right in town and spent our days catching up with one another, taking pictures with crooked buildings, watching dirty cartoons, visiting sinful places and experiencing some "fun" which we all swore that we would never ever do them again.

Beside spending majority of our days in Amsterdam, I(along with H, G and J) went to Zaanse Schans to visit the windmill town which was really scenic (not to mention very colddd) on Day 2 and smelt Den Haag for approximately 2 hours on the last day where we met nasty restaurant owner who happily over-charged us and nearly caused us to miss our flight back to Bath! It was a great holiday with the Asoc peeps and I guess the yummy food + comfortable accomodation really adds to the highlights of the trip :P

Our accomodation :
I sleep on the double deck with dicks. Me below, Dicks above. Jay slept on the living room alone, and the girls slept on the queen size bed. Ben took the quiet corner as seen on the bottom left picture. We have a kitchen and ooh, toilet that's not worth taking :P


Day 1 Night:
J G and I arrived the latest. Saw the hostel and was really satisfied. Ate pizza at the italian restaurant below our accomodation which was really delicious and cheapp. We then toured around, watched one sex show (everybody seems a little curious) and went "window-shopping" at e Red Light District. It was quite sad seeing those prositutes desperately trying to get customers honestly. This is life I guess.
Day 2 Morning: Zaanse Schans
I love this place. Extremely scenic and make you wanna live there. Imagine rows of windmills, buildings next to the sea, farmhouses and bridges. Gosh. Admire the pictures!




After Zaanse Schans, we went back to Amsterdam and took some pictures! Ben and Dicks were at Rotterdam visiting some clients so we didn't go to many places.. Went Vondel park which was a disappointment because of the wet weather and bare trees. Oh, WE ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED HALE!!! Those stones falling from the sky were really painful man!


Day 2 Night:

After Ben and Dicks came back, we went to the nearby Dutch Restaurant for dinner and the food was rather disappointing. Just some mashed potatoes which they claimed are authetic Dutch Food. At that time, we were really craving for the pizzas which we ate on the first day man. After which, we decided to have a party back in our accomodation. Regrets of our lives man, but I guess all those that happened were really an experience for all of us. -secret-




Day 3 : Van Gogh Museum & Anne Frank
Tiring day. Everybody was rather lethargic but we still took some decent pictures. Went to Van Gogh Museum and viewed the paintings of the queer yet talented artist. As I walked around the museum, I could feel the anxiety and desperation he had then as he was not recognised for his talents. A real pity that he lived only a short 30 odd life. We took many pictures along the way and I particularly love the "brotherhood" picture we took in our hoodies. haha.

Anne Frank Museum was rather interesting too as I walked through the little girl's life (Jewis)who wrote a diary while in hiding with her family and four friends in Amsterdam during the German occupation of the Netherlands in WWII.
After that, we headed to the Red Light District again for dinner. We had fried noodles which turned out quite well.





Day 3 Night:

We were damn tired from the previous night activities but I happily woke all of these sleepy heads up for some drinks to celebrate our last night together in Amsterdam. It was really tough waking them up but we all had some drinks after that and even tried the shotgun which Dicks and Ben learned back in Copenhagen. Got really high (esp Hilda) and we loitered around the streets for a while before we decided to head back home. haha. Dicks was sick and came back early. Poor man.





Day 4: Where we part
Woke up quite late today and felt a little sad because we will be leaving in a few hours time. Initially wanted to eat lunch together before we leave but all restaurants were closed. In the end, we parted at the train station and G , J and I went to Den Haag but couldn't cover much because of time constraints! We had a good lunch though although the experience was quite bad. The waiter cheated us and threatened us when we refused to pay for the additional charges!



Goodbye Amsterdam. Truly lived up to her name - City of Vice. I can't imagine one doing exchange in Amsterdam. Enjoyed the time with all of them, sipping coffee, exploring new places, listening to interesting business plans, getting high etc etc.

Budapest next! :P




floated away at
5:09 AM




SAY SOMETHING?




ARCHIVES
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008